Monday, January 24, 2011

Hi Kate

 So, hi.

I am blogging because a few years ago I realized I had become fat.

This really freaked me out.

I had never been fat. Never thin, but NEVER fat.

I was always cute, small waist large chest... some jiggle to my thighs, but nothing that couldn't be hidden with denim.

How I was able to bury my head in the sand while I grew from a size 4 (American sizing) to a 6 to an 8 to (gulp) a 10.

A size 10 is not big for most women, but I am barely 5 feet tall with a small frame. I weighed 165 pounds. One Hundred and Sixty-five pounds. It was only two years before that I had weighed in at around 117 pounds.

When I could finally face what had become of my body I panicked, I could no longer hide from myself behind sweatpants and "healthy" over eating. My stomach rolled over my my hip bones. I was disgusting.

After many nights of tears I decided that I needed to buck up and do something about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment