Sunday, January 30, 2011

So I went to the gym.

I went to the gym a lot.

I used an elliptical, I got a fitness program set up by a trainer, I got a cute gym outfit from Joe Fresh.

Side note: I can no longer buy fitness gear at Joe Fresh as they don't make small enough sizes! A huge victory, but it's sad that I can't get things there anymore.

Exercise was going to solve my weight problems! Woot!

I worked out harder than anyone at my gym. I am not exaggerating, although it should be noted that it was a very small gym and most of the members were quite a bit older than I was..... a good 20 - 30 years older than I was.... Still, I busted a gut and got results.

I lost thirteen pounds in a month.

It was amazing, sort of.

After those thirteen pounds I hit a plateau. I simply stopped losing. I got stronger and fitter, but I stayed heavy.

Strangely the fitter I became the worse the extra weight felt. My fat was getting in my way. Every time I attempted a new fitness challenge I felt it holding me back, keeping me from truly excelling.

This new found love of fitness made me realize I had to change more than just my physical activity. I had to change my diet as well.

That is when I discovered a miracle sent from above. By above I mean the internet of course, but apparently the internet does not necessarily come from above it actually comes from a series of tubes. I digress.

One of the best things that has ever happened to me is discovering LiveStrong.com. More specifically their daily plate function.

I began tracking what I ate and it blew my fragile little mind.



No comments:

Post a Comment